- Don’t come to Napa to lose weight.
- Bring your own bottle of water with you-always. Many of the wineries don’t offer even a glass of water.
- Leave your kids with grandma. Some wineries have a grape juice tasting, but the experience is best saved for adults.
- Bring your $$$. Everything is expensive. (Wine tastings ranged from $25-$40 per person for 4-5 tastes)
- Plan a nap in the afternoon! …Or a massage/mud bath.
- Warm days and chilly nights…bring a wrap
- Walking shoes ✔︎ (and bandaids)
- Great complimentary breakfast at EuroSpa in Calistoga
- La Fantasia is a great “breakfast” wine.
- Check in 24 hours in advance for your flight for a better chance of upgrade, which I didn’t get, but was generously offered by my husband! Go Ross!
How to get a French Laundry reservation….you can’t. Let it go. We chose Bouchon instead. It was phenomenal! Highly recommend the pasta with shaved truffles!
First stop after lunch…Castello Di Amorosa (This was my favorite winery) By some mistake, we were sent to the club room. Ample pours and engaging Sommelier..Maria.
Some quick shopping in Saint Helena is required.
Or more wine..
Tasting menu at SolBar for dinner…about 200 per person. Did I mention expensive?
Celebrating our 25th Wedding anniversary!